Use this website to quickly find the most important information about the main airport in Puerto Rico, called Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport: Departures, Arrivals, Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about San Juan airport. Plan your travel to SJU Airport with the information provided in this site. Check San Juan Travel Guide at Bautrip for more information about San Juan.
San Juan Airport, known officially as San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (IATA: SJU, ICAO: TJSJ) is located in Carolina, 3 miles (5 km) southeast of San Juan, Puerto Rico
The airport serves as the Caribbean hub for Air Sunshine, Cape Air and Seaborne Airlines. Recently the airport serves as a focus city for JetBlue Airways, being the largest carrier in the airport, and it operates from Terminal A.
San Juan Airport has one main terminal building, divided in 4 operating terminals (A, B, C, D). Terminal E is not used.
- Terminal A: It was opened on 2012 and is mainly used by JetBlue Airways
- Terminal B: Was reopened in December 2014 and is used by Delta, United, Southwest and Spirit.
- Terminal C: Reopened after a renovation on March 2016. Currently serves Copa, Volaris, Condor, Avianca, Norwegian, Liat, Air Antilles, Intercaribbean and American Airlines.
- Terminal D: Is mainly used Seaborne Airlines.
San Juan airport has several facilities in the terminmal building such as:
- Hotel in the Terminal D
- Barber shop
- Beauty salons
- Souvenir kiosks
- Duty free shops
- Banco Popular de Puerto Rico
- many ATMs all over the facility.
Other improvements are reconstruction of runway 10-28, press conference rooms, an American Airlines Admirals Club located in Concourse C, and new restaurant fast food franchises along its corridors, like Mango's Village, Subway, and Dominos Pizza, just to mention a few.
No passports or immunizations are necessary for a U.S. citizen or national traveling to San Juan, however, travelling with a U.S. passport is strongly recommended. U.S. citizens (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID. See TSA Requirements for the most up to date information. Aliens traveling to Puerto Rico are required to have a valid passport and an appropriate U.S. visa (if required).
The following options are available at the airport:
- Taxi: There are fixed rates to different places. For example, to go to Old San Juan, the price is $22 including one piece of luggage and Gas surcharge
- Bus: Stops from the Metropolitan Bus Authority (AMA) are located in the airport departure level in Terminal A and D.
- Car Rentals: Check the best price available at the airport here.
Address: Carolina, 00979, Puerto Rico
Telephone: +1 787-253-2329